Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Going to China!

I bought a plane ticket last night to go visit Charlie at Chuseok, Korean Thanksgiving, at the beginning of next month. It's been a constant struggle the past couple of days- going means taking a mandatory week of quarantine from school when I get back in case I caught swine flu on the plane, and therefore pissing off the coworkers who have to cover my classes for a week- not going most likely means coming to hate Korea even more than I already do because I'm stuck here.

In the end, I decided that sanity wins out over being liked at work...and I found a really cheap ticket to Shanghai. Its about 2 hours or so to Hangzhou where Charlie lives, but he has the time off too so he can come pick me up. I also doubt that a 2 hour bus or train trip in his company will be the worst thing I've ever experienced.

Now what I have to do is go to the Chinese Embassy in Seoul with a bunch of paperwork, apply for a tourist visa, and pay $120. Not the most exciting thing, since I will have to go before work early one morning in order to make it during open hours, but I guess it could be a lot worse. I am getting to see Charlie, after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment