Monday, September 7, 2009

1.8 million

Won, that is. That's about $1,500 and is equal to my first paycheck! As of today I am no longer broke. :) I still have to pay my utilities bill and pay my school back for my cellphone and medical bills from the pink eye (utilities are about $55 and I owe the school $45 or so). My first 3 paychecks are also smaller since I have to pay a 600,000 won deposit on my apartment, so 200,000 each paycheck. But on the bright side, I've made it perfectly well so far on less that $100 a week, sometimes way less, so cost of living won't be an issue.

In other news, I might be fostering a dog. I saw an ad on craigslist for a girl in Seoul who needs someone to foster her dog long term, since she just got a new job and new apartment, and the building owner doesn't like dogs. I want a dog but can't really jump into owning one right now, given the fact that taking them to new countries is so expensive, so this might be a good plan. I get to take care of the dog day to day, but don't have to worry about what's going to happen to it when I leave the country. And I don't have to pay for anything, she will do all of that. Basically, I will just be this dog's babysitter for a really long time. He's a three year old Boston Terrier named Coby, and I'm meeting him on Wednesday after work, so we'll see what happens.

That's about it for tonight, just a quick update.

No comments:

Post a Comment