Sunday, August 23, 2009

Catching Up

I've been bad and haven't updated anything this week, so i just figured I'd post a couple quick comments... I finally got my cable and internet hooked up this week, so I have reliable internet, plus over 60 channels (mostly in Korean). I do have Discovery Channel in English, which means I can feed my Deadliest Catch addiction :)

In other news, I went out for Mexican food Friday night with one of my coworkers, at a place just a couple blocks from our building. The food was pretty good, not Mexican, but pretty much like you'd expect Mexican food at home to be. They also had American food like burgers and wraps and stuff, and apparently they do a huge brunch buffet on Sundays- kinda pricey though, so my cheap self probably won't ever try it out. On Saturday I met up with a couple English guys I met through a facebook group, and we went and had a few beers at the Frog and Toad, which is the local expat bar. The weather's been really nice this week, so it was great to sit out on the deck and talk. Both of the guys are new to Ilsan and they're trying to start up some social group of foreigners, kind of get together and go to dinner regularly, that sort of thing. I liked meeting people besides my coworkers that I see everyday, and I hope this pans out and I can make more new friends.

Other than that, it's been an uneventful weekend. I've got a sore throat which I probably caught from one of the kids at school, so I've been resting and eating oranges and trying to keep from getting really sick. Laundry and cleaning were the order of the day today. Once I get a paycheck I will probably get out and adventure more, but right now I don't even really have money to top up my subway card, so I'm just going to enjoy my cozy apartment and my neighborhood for a couple more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment